Re: Lucas alternator wiring

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas alternator wiring
From: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 19:40:52 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris,

Roadster Factory carries the Lucas conversion part (CYB 400) for about
$6-8.

The three wire alternator has a large brown wire (about a 10 gauge) that
attaches to the battery terminal at the starter solenoid. There's a
smaller brown wire (about 16 gauge) that feeds the "always hot" circuit
of the harness (check your schematic). The brown/yellow comes from the
"downhill" side of the "IGN" warning light. This wire also supplies the
exciter voltage to the alternator to get it up and running quicker.