Interesting Discovery

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Interesting Discovery
From: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 23:11:24 -0700
Hey all,

        I started to dismantle my 74 TR-6 and while working under the dash I
noticed some tags. One tag is from a company called Ward & Goldstone Ltd.
Are they the original manufacturers of the wiring harness? Also I found
another tag that said "Taping---095", "INSP---539-019" and finally have a
date 17-09-73. The wiring harness under the dash has no grease on dirt,
NOTHING. Spotless clean. Imagine a clean, spotless orignal wiring harness?
Well I got one. Problem is that I wish the body of the car was in the same
condition as the harness. I guess I won't need to buy a harness after all.

        I have a question about floor panels. In order to change my floor
panels, must I remove the rocker panels or just the spot welds? Is there any
special method in making sure everything is well aligned or is it a straight
forward remove and replace type of job? My inner fenders are badly rusted
and have to either repair them or replace them. I am thinking of the latter
one. I still have the other fenders to remove and I am scared to death with
what I will find.

        I checked part of the frame and noticed little rust stops
everywhere. Not to bad as far as sandbalsting and repainting. But I also
noticed that there are parts of the frame, in front of the engine mounts,
that are rusted with patches of loose material. Could it be metal or just
old paint coming off? I know that on the body, if you can puncture it with a
screwdriver, it's time to replace the body panel. Does this also apply to
the frame? I tried it and nothing there is still solid metal. Thanks everyone.

Patrick

Ps. A friend is restoring a BMW 2002tii 74. He has a guy helping him with
the     restoration. I talk to him once in awhile when I visit my friend at
his     garage. He is more of a mechanic then I am and restored alot of
cars. This     is my first. He asked me where I learned all the stuff we
talk about and I     told him on this list. I have to thanks each and
everyone of you people for     teaching me everything I know (98% left to
learn). I knew diddly sqaut     before this list. Thsnks for your patience :)
1970 TR-6 1rst Yellow, then Blue, Now Red
CC 52138 0
1974 TR-6 Orange
CF-135480