Advice Please: Distributor Rebuild - '63 TR-4

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Advice Please: Distributor Rebuild - '63 TR-4
From: Mark Clark <clarkm@OIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 21:55:35 -0700 (PDT)
  Among the jobs I am planning for this winter is a rebuild for my
distributor on the TR-4.  Main reason is that the shaft is loose - wiggles
rather a lot when I grab it.  I hope this is the last thing I have to do
to get the car running well - I've rebuilt just about everything else
under the hood!

  Anyway, since I'm going to have the distributor apart anyway to replace
the main bushing, would those with experience in this matter please
suggest other parts to be replaced, and where I can get those parts?  No
suggestion is too trivial - this is the first time I have ever done this.

  Also, could folks with experience with electronic ignition please let me
know your experiences, good or bad?  I'm interested, but am not sure I
want to lay out the money.

  Thanks much - look forward to hearing from you.

Dr. Mark Clark
Oregon Institute of Technology