'60 TR3

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '60 TR3
From: Matrix1643@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 11:01:16 -0400 (EDT)
Hello again.

Thanx for the comments on how to get started on my TR3.  A few of you asked
of the car's current condition.  Well...I really can't talk about the DPO
'cause it was my dad's car...hehe...   He just got busy and never drove it
and it's been sitting in front of our old house for the past 17 years.
 Interior is shot as is the paint job..but there is very little rust.
 Essential parts such as the bumpers and rear-view mirrors were thoughtfully
removed by neighborhood kids...dang...  And I'm gonna have to check the
electrical system and engine to make sure that everything is ok..  I've
ordered a shop and repair manual, it should be here in a couple of days.  One
problem I've ran into is all the flat-head screws.   It seems like everything
is held together with these dang screws...any suggestions on how to get them
out w/o having to fire up the drill?  I'm currently trying to remove the left
and right front wings.  Got the doors off and all the bolts out...does anyone
know if the panel in the door frame is supposed to be riveted to the back
side of the wing panel?

Oh well...expect to be seeing a lot more of these messages as I will keep you
posted of my progress..

Derek Van Treese         KC5MNO

'60 TR3  67917 L