27 year old brakes!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 27 year old brakes!
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 13:48:12 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, all;

Just opened up the calipers on my GT6+ (undergoing restoration) and found the
pistons to be shiny and clean!!! Now if I can just get the broken bleed
screww out of the caliper I'll be happy. Going to try heating the thing today
and use a bolt extractor. Some DPO cracked the thing and when I went to bleed
the brakes it broke the rest of the way. In case it doesn't come out has
anyone had any experience with having one drilled out and rethreaded? May not
matter since I,ve had my eye on a four piston caliper and vented rotor that
Moss Europe just put on the market! Anyone had any experience with that set
up?

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan