Thoughts on Seat

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thoughts on Seat
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 20:17:24 -0700 (PDT)
I managed to get the carpet out of the driver's side of me TR4.  Doing so
involved removing the seat.

They're TR6 seats, v. comfy, probably because neither has proper seat
diaphragms. (sp?)  One is made of canvas and they other's ripped.

I could buy new rubber pieces for $34 cdn. each.  That's a lot of money
for a starving student, I could buy chevette brake hoses for that much!
*sigh*

I am pondering a different method of fabricating a seat rubber.  Has
anyone else done this?

I think I'd pop in at the tire store and pick up a cheap inner tube.  Cut
it oversize and install a wire around the edge for the hooks to ride on.
Use rivets and vulcanizing stuff to hold the outside seam.  Maybe even
put in (plastic/soft) grommets to stop the hooks from pulling the wire free.

I would guess that there'd have to be a few holes in it too to eliminate
any water collection that might happen.

Comments?

-Malcolm
'62 TR4, only from the outside