Window crank pins

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Window crank pins
From: George Leicht <glite@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:00:53 -0400
Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:

> Surely someone must know how to do this properly.  I have a door trim pad off
>on my GT6 -- that*s the easy part.  But I recall that the last time I had to
>reassemble a
> window crank, I just about lost my mind trying to reinsert the window crank
>pin.
> What is the trick for doing this?  (My mental health may depend on your
>answer...)

Get a 16 penny finishing nail, make a hacksaw cut in the nai which
equals the length of the pin, but cut only half way through the nail.
Put the plate, the spring, etc on the window crank.
Using the whole nail, insert the point into the crank pin hole,  then
break off the remaining part of the nail.

george leicht
glite@eos.net  tr3, tr6, some jag stuff.