Re-using tubes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re-using tubes
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:59:57 -0700
I finally changed the really worn front tires (were on the back) with a
pair I had from when I originally bought the car.  These were the same
brand and style I currently had on the GT6 and due to improper rear
alignment, one had worn really badly and I wanted to replace them after the
recent alignment and before Triumphest (roughly 600mi).  The old
replacements were practically new and I decided to use them rather than by
a whole new set.  I replaced the fronts and used the old tubes.  Is there
any reason that I shouldn't have done this?  When I worked on bikes we
re-used old tubes all the time as long as they were good.  But as with all
things, a car tire may be different.  They were radials, Pirelli 165R 13's
with radial tubes, used on wire wheels-

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )