Brake line connections

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake line connections
From: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 97 10:54:37 -0400
Hi everyone,

Here's an obscure question that hopefully some TR4 guru's can answer.  On
my braking system, primarily the rear brake line components, I have a
connector system that seems somewhat funky and I need to know if it is
original and how to fix it.  Here is the problem:

Where the steel brake line connects to the rubber brake line in the rear,
there appears to be a long nut(about 2 inches long) that basically serves
as a connector to both pieces.  The problem is that when I re-install the
both pieces, fluid is being pushed out.  If I turn the the nut to get a
better seal on one end, I lose the seal at the the other, and vise versa.

Am I missing something?   Is this originally how these components are
attached or is it a DPO's brainstorm?  I  know I could get a longer nut
and solve this problem, but I dont want to add to the DPO syndrome.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alan Camhi
"65 TR4