Re: TR6 carpet installation

To: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 carpet installation
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:48:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
libertyc wrote:

> hello listers:
>
> I'd like some advice on installing my new carpeting (10+ pieces from
> Moss).  My old carpet was pretty ratty, but I remember that it was
> snapped in in places.
>
> Right now, I have laid in reflectix double-foil insulation with double
> sided tape.  Then put in the padding also with double sided tape.  I will
> glue in the rear shelf area.  But what about handbrake and trans tunnels
> and strips along door??   I'd like to hear what has worked well.  TIA
>
> Carl Huppert libertyc@erols.com

Carl:

The only pieces which I glued, including under padding, were the
rear shelf, the stripe along the door, and the front fire wall
above the tunnel. All other pieces are NOT glued so that they can be
easily removed in the event of rain, needing to get to the transmission,
etc., etc. I did use some velcro strips on the bottoms of the
transmission
tunel pieces, but really not needed since the dash support will hold the
front piece and rear tunnel piece really does stay in place. Used snaps
for the front floors, had to put in new snaps. The side pieces of the
bulkhead are screwed in.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtwon, PA
'70 TR6