Spit - outer sills

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit - outer sills
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 19:37:30 -0700
Scions,
  I'm getting ready to replace the outer sills on my '64 Spit.  I know
that this thread has been covered periodically, so forgive my lack of
memory.  What suppliers have the BEST replacement panels available
(Moss, VB, TRF, RIMMER, etc.)?  I've got a MIG welder available (for
Stainless work), but I've never done <Car Welding>.  Are there any FAQ's
available through VTR or other sources about panel replacement?  One
question that comes to mind is "drilling" out all the old spot welds, or
just cutting the panel.  I looked closely at the bottom of the door
opening; seems about every inch there's another spotweld.  Any preferred
method here?  I will try to summarize results and post to the list.  -
I'm on the digest...

Peter
'64 Spit  - current project
'68 Spit  - just bought (I need the 12 step program... "Hello, my name
is Peter.  I just bought another Triumph Spitfire.  I think I need
help...") - can't afford therapy - just spent the $'s on the car...
  Actually it was a deal that I couldn't pass up.  I got another '65
rolling chassis (no engine or trans), and a '65 tub w/lid & bonnet and
another '68 tub (no commission plate), all for $200.00 USA -  it's a
long story.  The tubs are pretty clean with only minor rust & dents, and
the suspension on the chassis is rebuilt w/new shocks.  All I need at
this point is a 1300 intake manifold & a pair of HS2's to get the '68
running.  Anybody switching over to Webers want to sell their old
stuff?  I'll take anything rebuildable...        If you don't want to clog up
the airways, you may reply to me personally - no problem.  Thanks.