Re: new vs. old<B0000013093@nt-server.belcotech.com>

To: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: new vs. old<B0000013093@nt-server.belcotech.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:09:36 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: lazye@northvalley.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>>How about the feeling one gets as one passes a "new" sedan stopped by the
>>side of the road (mech. problems) as you truck along in a "automobile"
>>that should have been in the grave years ago.

>I stopped, to share my gallon water jug with an overheated "new" car.  That
>felt soooo goooood.

Just after I got my first car in 1988(a Morris Minor), I drove past a Volvo
Estate down a country lane where the Driver appeared to be pushing hard against
the back of the car, I pulled the Moggy over onto some gravel, jumped out and
asked if he was stuck in the mud or trying to push start the thing, He looked
up all confused and asked me what I was talking about, I said I thought he was
having some sort of car problem, to which he replied, No, I'm having a stretch,
I've just been for a run!!!!!

Oh well, only trying to do my bit for friendly-motorists.com  :-)

Rich