Re: TR-03A Idler Arm

To: "Perry,Keith [PYR]" <Keith.Perry@ec.gc.ca>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR-03A Idler Arm
From: "Kevin Andrews" <kevina@emji.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 20:02:42 -0400
Keith,
        The Idler arm is attached to the opposite side of the center link from
the
pitman arm on the frame. This supports the center link to the correct
height with the pitman arm.Some idler arms can be repaired with bushings.
Some can't.The bushing in the idler arm keeps it from moving up and down.
It must be able to piviot for your steering to work. If the bushings are
worn you will cause the tires to wear. And you will also have a lot of loss
motion in the steering wheel. Replace it and don't forget to get the
alignment checked after you replace it. Also make sure you get it at the
correct height with the pitman arm or you will have a bad toe change when
driving and wear your tires.
        Hope this helps,
Kevin Andrews
Siler City,NC