carpeting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: carpeting
From: richard stieg <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:17:59 -0500
dittos to both TR-6 chappies doing the carpet. I also put down reflectix
on the interior and have begun gluing the bits in, using a spray (not the
NAPA stuff-which I will pursue locally since the DURO spray sucks)

My question is one of "padding" over the reflectix. Do TR's have something
(other than two extra cylinders and $$$) that the Spitfires do not have?
I wasn't planning to install any padding, and the original carpeting came out
literally with a shovel too many beers ago to remember what, other than strange
new life forms, was under it. Also, should I glue the fenderwell fabric and
mount the cardboard pieces 1st, install the carpeting, then install the rear
cover (fits in front of gas tank? This seems a logical progression.

Got the free installation guide from MOSS, I think, several months ago, and
promptly filed it with 200 other catalogs from VB, Victorias Secret, West
Marine,etc. Oh well proceed as normal, then back up and do it right.

Welcome back Johnny Storm-there'll always be an England.  rick stieg 75 Spit.