TR-3A - Steering linkage rebuild questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A - Steering linkage rebuild questions
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
   A friend who is a good mechanic, but not familiar with Triumphs, is
rebuilding the steering linkages on my TR-3A this weekend, including tie
rods, tie rod ends, silent block bushes and possibly a new idler arm.
Parts are from TRF.  In general, are there any pitfalls we should be aware
of regarding this operation.  Both my manuals have little to say about it.
In particular, there was a recent post warning of the necessity to position
the idler arm correctly.  (It wasn't apparant to me that its position was
adjustable).
   Any observations from folks who have trod this path before would be
appreciated.
John Cowan