Performance clutch wanted

Subject: Performance clutch wanted
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 16:10:47 -0500
Hi all!

Just wanted to see if anyone has a "performance" clutch sitting around
gathering dust...  I am having clutch problems with the Spit racer and
want to replace the standard clutch with a "beefier" one.  The car
suffered from a cracked pressure plate (broke in two like a donut!) just
before I got it, and that disk was a higher performance application
disk.  The one the PO put in it was a standard one, with the 4 springs,
and I would just like to put a better one in it so I don't have to do
this again!

The car is a late summer 1967 Mk3 (thanks Odd and Andy!) and has a 1300
engine in it.  Not sure exactly about the gearbox yet, but it has the
coarse splines.  My budget is not up to getting a retail performance
clutch in yet (after buying a race car!) and I was hoping someone out
there may have one they weren't going to use, at a kinder, gentler
price.  I also need the throw-out bearing, but not absolutely necessary
-- I can get them anywhere.

Thank you for your time!

(as Andy says...)
Keep TRY-umphing,
Susan Hensley   %)

You only need two tools:  WD-40, to make things go; and duct tape, to
make them stop.