Re: Pertronix v. Allison?

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Pertronix v. Allison?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 21:15:20 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:
> Anyone care to discuss the workings of - and relative merits - of the
>Pertronix
> versus the Allison electronic ignition?

  Loose points...

  The Pertronix fits entirely inside the cap, the Crane/Allison
has an external box to be mounted.

  Both install very quickly, maybe a bit longer for
the crane to mount the aforementioned box properly
which requires a few screw holes.

  The Crane/Allison comes in positive and negative
ground, the Pertronix only in negative.

  The Pertronix uses hall effect, the Crane is
optoelectronic. (just for interest really,
the effect is similar)

  Both about the same price.

  Not a lot to choose from really. I like the
Pertronix myself, but if my car was positive
ground I'd have no trouble buying a Crane/Allison.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada