RE: Pertronix v. Allison?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV'" <Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV>
Subject: RE: Pertronix v. Allison?
From: Bill Munts <muntsb@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:56:09 -0500
Well, lets see.  I put a Crane/Allison unit on my '70 Mk3 Spitfire about three
years ago and have not had to make any ignition related adjustments since.  I
also use the Lucas Sport Coil.  I pay close attention to how the motor runs as
I regularly AutoX the car so it's not like I live with an out of tune car.  As
for the Pertronix unit I have no experiance with it so I can't comment, very
pleased with the Allison though.  Oh, the biggest plus I see to these units
over points is that distributor shaft wobble (which my delco has plenty of)
does not affect the Allison unit.

YMMV

Bill M.
'70 MkIII Spitfire