Re: Help w/Spitfire Doors

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Help w/Spitfire Doors
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 07:51:02 -0700
Terry T. writes:
>I've noticed the past couple of days that my '76 Spitfire's driver's side
>door seems to be setting incorrectly (It wiggles when closed)
               <  snip  >
*****************************
It's your hinges, they need to be replaced - A good way to tell is to watch
the door as it's closed.  If it lifts appreciably when it hits the striker,
then it's time to replace the hinges.  Also grab the door when its open and
try to wiggle it up and down.  If it does then the hinges are worn and need
to be replaced -

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )