Re: Re: Help w/Spitfire Doors

To: HMENTZEN@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Help w/Spitfire Doors
From: "Atwell (Buff) Haines" <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 13:20:21
At 07:24 PM 9/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Would you suggest a company that sells the door seals? Are there nay tricks
>install these seals? Thanks in advance.
>
>Hans Mentzen
>79 Spit

Hans, the "big three" in the USA sell an aftermarket seal that you cut to
fit.   I bought mine a year ago for about $70 US.

Installation tips:   start your installation at the upper rear of each
door. Don't stretch the seal, in fact, leave a "bow" of excess material
sticking up about an inch (25 MM) along each of the three sides. You will
seat the bowed portion when all is done, to prevent pulling and gaps due to
temperature changes later.  At the top of the windshield, put the top
(hood) up to see how far the seal must go to fill in any gap before cutting.

Atwell (Buff) Haines
'79 Spitfire FM 96062
'88 Lotus Esprit
'88 Mustang 5.0