Re: Wire wheels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wire wheels
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 07:57:01 -0700
Dave F. writes
   <   snip  >
>but you obviously don't check the tension on a Triumph
>spoke by plinking it with your finger.
   <  snip  >
********************************
Actually, you do just that.  That's how you tell how tight the spokes are
in a fully trued/tightened wheel.  I can't give you the pitch or note and
true, you have to have a straight rim.  You cannot really "true" a car
wheel as you would a bike, but in a fully tightened/true wheel you do plink
the spokes and if one sounds dead(different) then you tighten it till it
sounds like the rest.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )