Stag U-Joints

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stag U-Joints
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G. Miceli)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:55:03 EDT
Help!!

I was trying to replace all of the u-joints on my 1973 Stag this weekend
and when I looked at the half axle u-joints they were "staked" rather
than held in place with cir-clips.

The factory workshop manual does not show a service for these u-joints
but the parts manual shows them as being held in with the cir-clips.

Am I now stuck replacing the entire half axle so that I don't have to use
24 year old u-joints? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Is there a problem if I machine the old yokes to hold a cir-clip so that
I can replace them in the future?

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag