new Triumph p*ss%s all over MGF!!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: new Triumph p*ss%s all over MGF!!!
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 18:46:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Wayne Moyer wrote:
> Again, being a newbie I dont know if you have talked about this
> either. But....
> When BMW bought Rover they also bought the rights to most if not all
> of the old British Leyland names. And if memory serves me right
> Triumph is one of them. And in one of my car magazines there was talk
> about them reviving the mark. Does anyone know about this? And lets
> say they brought a Miata type car, would you buy it because of the
> name?
Plenty of sap MG wannabes have bought the 'F' have they not?! The latest
insult is the 'BRM' 200 series, I ask you it's pokey little hatch back.
There is also a BRM coloured mini doing the rounds from rover at least
it's racer-like on the inside and has 160 bhp. The BRM hatch (re badged
rover 200) has got an
orange grill (yuck) and a wood steering wheel, nowt wrong with that but
it doesn't turn it into a LeMans winning gas turbine relative.

I'll eat my words however if they make a new triumph that pisses allover
the MGF!!!
Johnny
'77 spit 1500

Hey,Johnny...since you recently expressed an interest in the 'tuning' of my
'newly' completed signal-red Triumph Vitesse Convertible,and having read the
above,
I thought you would be interested to know that as I was proceeding south on
the final stretch of the M1 motorway approaching north London,yesterday,top
firmly down in the warm autumn sunshine,my 2Litre Mk.2 Vitesse six-cylinder
engine on full song through the full sports SS exhaust system,I'm quite sure
that was a brand new bright red MGF,with hood down,'apparently' going
backwards past my passenger door at about 20 mph,or so,and he 'may or may
not',have also been travelling forward at 70 mph? You work it out,but don't
expect me to incrimate myself just to prove how superior a 34 year old (new)
Triumph Convertible is to a brand new MGF Convertible!
Leon,(Just loving his Vitesse and making red MGF owners turn green!)