RE: spit engine swap?

To: "Peter Ficklin" <pficklin@qnis.net> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested), "lewis mckillop" <lsmc@lightspeed.net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: spit engine swap?
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 29 Sep 1997 15:36:49 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0675834302D81126-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 29 Sep 1997 15:36:49 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 29 Sep 1997 15:36:49 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0675834302D81126*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Peter Ficklin wrote:

Barry Schwartz wrote:
<snip>
A really good swap (in my opinion) is one that can be converted back to
the original condition if it was desired to do so, as well as looking like
it was made from the factory that way.
<un-snip>

Lewis,
  I second Barry's opinion here.  You can go a long way to get more HP
out of the 1300 as reccommend earlier.  I've got a '64 with the original
1147 hopped up suitably, although it's not at the point where it can be
road tested yet.  Get Ross Vincenti to give you some of his driver's
reports.  Judging by your e-mail address, I guess you to be in the south
central valley of California.  If so, I know someone you need to talk to
in Fresno who's done a lot of early Spit work.  Bottom line, it's your
car, build it the way you want.  Good luck!
+++++++++++++++++++++
Greetings all - Lewis, if you are local to SoCal and would like, you can
come by and drive my Spit to see what my changes did for performance.

.030 overbore; full balance job; .010 off the head; fully ported, polished
and relieved cylinder head; polished intake manifold; hotter Isky cam; Mk
II tubular exhaust header; free flow exhaust (loud, too); K&N air filters
with little tiny ram tubes mounted inside; lightened flywheel (it really
zings to redline now)

As you can see, I didn't do that much, but the car sure seems to run
strong.  Of course, when you are in an LBC with the top down and a loud
exhaust, even a jogging pace seems fast. ;^ )
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.
Los Angeles, CA 90015