TR6 Pistions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Pistions
From: Jim Barbuscia <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
 Anyone have the real spec's on TR6 pistons?
 The Bently manual I have has 2.9365 for the top and 2.9800 for the bottom
skirt.
 For a stock piston.
 I measured 2.9365 and 2.9605 on the pistions (new) I just received from the
 nameless company.... Now here is the odd thing the pistions I bought have .020
 stamped on top. Which is what I orderd!
 I thought .020 meens .020 over the stock dimensions?
 The manual does say later production may differ. But it didn't say how much.
 What the hell's goin on here?
 Should I start bashing "The nameless Company"?
 This is the second time I've orderd something from them on this rebuild
project
 that has been .... shall I say less than expected.

-jimb

http://www.snovalley.com/~monica/jbtr6.html