Re: New Wood Dash

To: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: New Wood Dash
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 20:38:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff S. Hapke wrote:

> I saw the TRF dash at the 'British Auto Festival'. TRF had a tent set up
>there.
> They had an unfinished walnut veneer dash on display, which looked VERY nice.
> Nice thick veneer. Hey maybe you can get the display model...
>         Jeff Hapke
>
> Jeff:

I ordered the walnut dash from TRF and sent it back the next day. They
use
american walnut which is much darker and a different grain than the
original english walnut used by Triumph. The "special" order I have
placed with TRF is for Teak with a satin finish.  This will hopefully be
much
closer to the original, but surely nicer than the walnut.  BTW, TRF will
special
order any type of veneer dash from their distributor you want.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6