switch "plinth"

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: switch "plinth"
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:27:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter (and list)...

I am currently finishing the interior of a 74 TR6 project (for fun and to
support my own habit).

I have just replaced the very same plinth - obtained from Moss through
Classic Motor Works here in Winnipeg.  It too has no little bracket as per
the original.

I suspect the bracket is extra reinforcement against the pulling action of
the choke cable.  Why the new ones are deficient I do not know.  Not only
that, but there were no holes carved in the stuffing and vinyl.  Boy are
Dremmel tools handy!!

One thought I had was to move the choke cable one over so that it is closer
to the attachment point (small screws) and thus less resistent to mevement
/ bending.

Anyway,  they sound the same - I think mine cost more.  Feel "OK"  about it.

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg.

BTW,  on the subject of panels... I have been impressed by the appearance
quality of all the Moss supplied parts - most marked Made in UK (much like
the ones TRF supplied for my original TR6).  However,  I also notice things
like trunk kits,  gearbox covers, and other parts need trimming / cutting /
and/or general custom fitting to get things really right.