TR6 hood cables

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 hood cables
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:45:11 -0500
Cc: peterz@merak.com
Hi all,  Dve T here, this time on bonnett cables.

Said TR6, under restoration,  has been off the road since 1986 and not much
used since 84.  It too has a vertical hood pull.  I suspect that this is
either the new accepted norm or maybe even original.

How could a horizontal hood pull clear the kick pannels?  There isn't that
much room to get a hand around the handle as is.  My 74 was the same way
too.

As for Quality control, I would be MUCH more concerned about the end
detatching its self from the cable than which way it is pointed.  You <do>
have an emergency release fitted, don't you?!?

Dave T
Winnipeg