Re: TR-4 Diff stuff

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-4 Diff stuff
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:45:23 -0700
Mr. Mike P. writes:
>OK, so I've localized a little growl I've been hearing
>to my diff.  Is this a job I should muck with myself?
>I've torn apart chebby diffs, but this is a little different.
>Are there any upgrades I should think about if I get
>in there?  Does anyone make, for instance, a Quaife or
>somelike for the TR-4?
*********************************
Mr. Mike,
Sounds like bearings to me.  A diff. is a diff. is a diff.  If you've
worked on one you can work on another, they are all basically the same,
except for the way pre-loads and end-play is set.  You do need the
pertinent information though.  Yes they do make a Quaife but they aren't
cheap.  Can you say around $700?  And _you_ get to put it in -  Very nice
units though

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )