Re: TR6 Rear Reflectors for 70 and 71 MY

To: Glenn Franco <gfranco@provide.net>, triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Reflectors for 70 and 71 MY
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:07:38 -0600
Glenn,
Triumph's Rear Reflex Reflector Campaign (Technical Service Bulletin No.
1-C-6, May 1970, Campaign Number CCL693; for cars with Serial Nos. CC 50958
to CC 52453) dealt with the recall for and installation of the reflectors.
It was reprinted in the Fall '94 (vol. XII, issue 4, pg. 14) of "6-Pack".

Installed with the long axis horizontal, the centre of the reflector (screw
hole) is 1.5" beneath the bottom of the tail light, and the outer screw
hole is 1.75" towards the centre of the car as measured from the outer seam
in the rear valance (that seam is just about at the centre of the amber
flasher lens).  That should have the reflector lens centred beneath the
reflector of the main tail light assembly.

There is a poor picture of the reflector installed on a '71 TR6 on page 59
of Rossi & Clarke's book "The Triumph  TR5/250 and TR6 Companion".

Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L