Re: TR6 fuel pump - best answer

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel pump - best answer
From: suchak@mediaone.net
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 12:45:36 -0500
Cc: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Too funny...  I once drove our VW about 3 miles back to the house using
only the accelerator pump circuit in the carb..  (No kidding.)  I was
trying to ressurect the car after it had sat for years and the carb had
gotten all gunked up.  The primary jet got clogged with some loose crap
and I had no tools with me, so I had to keep pumping the gas pedal (I'm
talking about FAST here!) to get it to limp, sputtering and bucking,
back home.

We made it, took about half an hour, I looked really stupid to
passers-by, and my calf was pumped up to about 3 times it's normal size
and totally cramped, but we made it.

I carry tools now.

John

--