[Fwd: Re: Electronics]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Electronics]
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 09:43:50 -0800
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 09:42:48 -0800
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Electronics

Chris Prugh wrote:

> Joe,
>
>         How goes the doors ?  On a hopefully light note, let us begin and
>further comment....
>
>         I personally read each and every message on the Triumph, British and
>Shop talk lists
> (I know, get a life !)  I glean lots of useful information from these
>messages, even though the majority do not apply to our Spits directly.
>
>         I know other listers who hit the delete key without reading anything
>beyond the subject line.  This allows them to get right thru their messages in
>a timely manner, hopefully catching all the messages that truely do interest
>them.  This may or may not be the case, but that's what they choose.
>
>         I would never tell anyone to stop a thread which contains USEFUL
>data, as I liken this to censorship, book burning et al......( I do draw the
>line at name calling, wallet comparisons, lifestyle choices tho, eg the Good
>Doctor thread a while ago.  This sort of drivel needs to be put to death ).
>Others will say just hit the delete key, that's what it's there for.
>
>         Well, the lists, in my opinion (humble as it is), should be for the
>exchange of useful information pertaining to our marques.  Dan Masters'
>electrical knowledge is always useful for me, and I relish the opportunity to
>learn at the hand of a Master(s).  (sorry about the cheap pun).  These threads
>may be a little technical, quite possibly totally uninteresting to some, but
>the same could be said for your ongoing attempts and commentary about your
>Spitfire database (of which I commend your
>
>         At any rate, what I'm trying to say is, you have the power of the
>delete key at the tip of your finger.  If a topic or message disinterests
>you....use it.  Please don't dicourage the writers from offering what they
>(and often I ) consider useful information.
>
> (climbing down off my electronic soap box, tub thumping mode off)
>
> Chris Prugh
> 72 Spitfar
> Morgan Hill, CA
>
> Very large post script :  If your response was a light hearted reference to
>the Keesler AFB more than a complaint about the electronics thread, I
>apologize and ask your understanding. Thanx...crp
>
> ----------

Chris,
I would never attempt to stiffle meaningkul discourse on the list.  I
hope your EMAIL was not caused by my comment regarding "the basic
electronics course".  I ment in no way to stop the thread, rather it was
intended as humor (most took it that way, as I received several returns
from people in the USAF elecrtonics classes at Keesler and other
Electronics schools).  Not even Dan was offended, since we are sharing a
personal conversation regarding guitars.

Often attempts at humor in this medium go unrecognised for what they are
because there is no vehicle for clues such as hand or head jestures.
Maybe somebody should set up a list of key words or some other measure
to indicate such.

Anyway,  in the furure, I'll try to be less subtile in my attempts at
humor.  I don't want to offend anybody.  But if you see aomething from
me that sounds like a putdown, say to yourselg, "he's kidding, of
course."

Best regards,
Joe Curry

P.S. I too read all the messages (at least enough of each to see if I am
interested or to see if there is a Spit owner I am un aware of).  And
the doors are in the garage ready for me to mount today.