Re: TR6 underhood correctness

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 underhood correctness
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 23:59:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bollen (last name or first?):

Not sure the year of your 6, but I will respond based on the
research I did for my '70 TR6:

Bollen wrote:

> I have starterd removing the underhood components of the 6 as I am
> finally getting the engine compartment painted same color as exterior.
> I need help in refinishing the accessories the correct colors ie
>
> Radiator braces
        Black: semigloss
> Cross Member
        Black: semigloss
> Brake Booster
        Black: gloss
> Alternator
        Original: not painted aluminum body with black plastic rear cover
> Water pump outlet
        Original: not painted
> Engine mounts
        Black: flat
> Wiper motor and bracket
        Bracket is not painted, polished metal and motor is aluminum painted
        (I have seen both black and aluminum, I used aluminum because it goes
        better with the Laurel Green paint I used)
> Hood hinges
        Same colour as your body
> Steering column
        Black: matte

Any corrections from the list is welcomed. I also recall someone having
a list
of TR6 paint specifications for parts. Not sure if this was on someone's
web
site or possible it has been added to the VTR site (haven't visited it
in a
while). If you have any other parts or areas you'd like clarification,
please ask
(a commom mistake is that the bonnet support bar should be painted
black
(semigloss) while the holding mount when the bar is down should be
painted the
colour of the car).

Hope this helps.

Scott Suhring