Re: Keys

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Keys
From: Rod Randle <randle@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 23:30:17 -0800
> > Ed,
> > I recently purchased a 77 Spitfire and had exactly the same problem.  I
>never
> > did find an exact replacement but I did find a key blank that works.  I am
> > using a Cole H65 blank and, even though it isn't a perfect match, works
>quite
> > well.  If you find a better match let me know though.
> >
> > Paul
>
> Paul, I should have posted this to the list but instead I went direct to
> Ed H., Use a Cole #MZ5, fits 83-89 Mazda car and truck, same key blank,
> those Miata engineers are quite clever.

I have a 1978 Spit.  One side of my ignition key has E.S.P. Lock Corp.
U.S.A. cast on it, the other side says MG1.  This key is obviously made
in USA but I don't know where it came from.  I do believe this car has
spent its entire life in the northwest.  Hope this helps.

Rod Randle
Shoreline, WA
'78 Spit FM77880U