Re: route 66 trip

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: route 66 trip
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 18:02:58 -0800
Cc: list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
David Massey wrote:

> Actually, the cars aren't that unreliable.  And anyway, parts are only 1
> day
> away via Fed Ex.
>
> BTW a group of healey folks took Route 66 from Chicago to Flagstaf enroute
> to Salt Lake City for the Conclave.  If healeys can make it, so can TR's!
>
> Dave Massey
> St. Louis, MO USA

My suggestion is that if this is more than wishful thinking, There
should be at least a full year to allow for proper preparation,
sponsorship, and people to beable to plan for time off etc.

While it seems like a long time till next summer, when you are trying to
coordinate something of this magnatude, the time seems to fly by.

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade (a Seattle Expression), but I
think that a project of this caliber and magnitude deserves the time to
do it right.

One of the more important things that needs to be done is to publish the
event.  That means after the dates and events are firmly nailed down,
all relevant periodicals, TV media etc have to be notified, and lobbied
to provide enough lead time for them to properly get the word out and
provide coverage.  One thing you definitely want is Start to finish
coverage and documentation so that it will becone a highly publicised
event.  It's one thing to make the drive (we can do that anytime) but
it's quite another to be part of an international event.  And if it
becomes an international event, we will need to give people from
wlsewhere time to get here.

My Dollar ninety-five worth this time.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit