Re: TR7 Parts in a Spit?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR7 Parts in a Spit?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 3 Nov 97 9:21:50
Darrell Leach wrote:

>>what, if any, parts are
usable from a TR-7 on a Spit?<<

Take the wheels.  They bolt right up to a Spitfire, though you will need to
countersink
the stud holes to use your old lug nuts.  Your old platic center caps will also
fit on them,
though you will need to cut down their tension springs a bit to avoid breaking
them
upon bolt-up.  But the TR7 wheels (minus their plastic covers) look *stock* on a
Spitfire, and allow you to mount some wider tires.   That*s what I did on my
car,
-- with Yokohama 509s, which look and perform very well.

The TR7 rims are made of steel, though, so they are quite a bit heavier than
other wheels you can buy (Panasports, etc.) ...

--
Martin Secrest
74 Spitfire (driver)