TR8 Rack & Pinion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR8 Rack & Pinion
From: Caamano C SSgt 28BS/MAF <CaamanoC@bs28ma.dyess.af.mil>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 09:25:47 -0600
Hi everybody, I joined your list about two weeks ago but have been dying
to write.
I own a 1980 EFI TR8, which is my first and only British car. I love it,
but my rack
and pinion is leaking pretty bad. I was told by an old "BRITISH CAR"
mechanic
to get a new or rebuilt rack because it would be useless for me to get a
repair
kit ( from Rimmer Bros ) because it will leak again. The rebuilt rack
from Rimmer
Bros is kind of high priced for me. Is there another place to get this
item from or can
I just get the repair kit? Do any of you have any suggestions? Please
let me know
what you think. I am afraid that if I buy the repair kit and pay to
remove, repair and
reinstall the rack and it leaks I would have to start all over again
with the rack from
Rimmer Bros.
Sorry for the rambling, your advice will be greatly appreciated

Carlos