RE: Derogative Terms (Was TR6 Headlight switch)

To: curry@wolfenet.com
Subject: RE: Derogative Terms (Was TR6 Headlight switch)
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 15:16:11 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: ( Received on ftpbox.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Joe,
    Anybody that has been on the list a while surely knows I detest (more
derogative terms) checkbook cars, trailer queens, show cars that can't make
it around the block, owners that can't change a fuse, and your basic idiots
that have no clue. Let see know, who have I not offended here?
  My car has been seen on a trailer (I was transporting door prizes in the
tow vehicle, yea right..) but I believe you can have a concours driver.
Or to use the term Bob Kramer uses about my car a "Shiner Driver". What is
the point of having a really fun car that you are afraid to drive (for what
ever reason).
   After working on the Spitfire yesterday I needed a fix so took the cover
off the GT6, fired up a Cuban Cigar and drove 44 miles of incredible winding
backroads full of 15 and 25 mph S's shared only with the Cafe bikes that
were out.
    I am always willing to take any Queen owner out for a ride that will
open their eyes as to what these cars do and hopefully and get them on the
road. After all when these cars were designed and built it was for driving
not polishing. So if any queenie weenies want to see what owning/driving a
Triumph is all about and are coming to Austin area send me an email and
arrange a ride.
   As for the Longhorns... let's see.... as a season ticket holder.... what
I would say about the problem can't be repeated on the list as children
might read it. But who knows maybe a miracle will happen this Saturday night
and the Raiders will have a real reason to be red.
Regards,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L
Austin, TX
http://www.exact.com/~gt6mk3

Joe Wrote:

>>Careful how you throw those derogative terms around, my Spit has >>gotten
quite sensitive lately and doesn't take being called a "queen" >>lightly.
He has been known to ride on the back of a trailer to long >>out-of-town
events in order to avoid tedious drives at high revs due >>to 4.11 rear
gears.  However, that's all subject to change since my >>winter project is a
3.89 rear end with Swing-Springs from a '75 Spit.