Re:Early Stromberg Carbs, an update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Early Stromberg Carbs, an update
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 18:17:29 -0800
Well, boy am I ever feeling like a schlep.  This is the SECOND time I've
been wrong!  (he,he)  It looks like I have to "eat crow" all over again on
this one.  I guess, in one sense, I was still right... they were all
adjustable, but just adjustable in a different WAY.  (adjustable needles
vs. adjustable jets)  Oh well.  Thank you all for clarifying this, and my
apologies to Roger, who set me straight once, but somehow it didn't stick.

I knew a guy a few years ago who had a TR250 (and a TR3A) and I SWEAR I can
remember he and I having conversations about adjusting the mixture on these
carbs, and I'll be damned if I remember anything about his carbs being
different than mine in terms of adjustment.  Of course, I realize it's
possible that his TR250 had later TR6 carbs on it. (although it doesn't
seem likely... the car was very original and complete)

At any rate, sorry for shootin' my mouth off.  I stand humbly corrected.
Please forgive me!

My next move is to rush down to Medford this weekend and look at a pair of
ZS's that are off of a '70 parts car and see if they are adjustable and
how!  (I gotta go there anyway)

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732