Re:Early Stromberg Carbs, an update

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re:Early Stromberg Carbs, an update
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 15:25:42 -0700 (MST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mike,

        According to my Haynes ZS workshop manual, your copper tabs attached
to one of the
four top screws, should be labeled 3365F and 3365R (R=rear and F=front). If
they are
any different, then a previous owner changed the carbs. Some of the early
175CD carbs came
with non-adjustable needles but with adjustable jets. Maybe you have this? I
know that
the '71 and later TR6's had adjustable needles. I'm not too sure if the '70
model had them.

        Regards,
        Jeff N.

At 10:44 AM 11/2/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Mike wrote:
>
>"Well, I replaced plugs, condenser, points and plug wires yesterday to try and
>eliminate the electrical, and.....no change.   So I removed the air cleaner
>and
>eyeballed the carbs, which looked a little dirty.   I placed a hand over the
>front carb and starved it for air and it smoothed out quite a bit.  Finally, I
>attempted to used the adjustment tool that I bought at VB and THE CARB
>WOULD NOT
>ADJUST.  No place for the allen wrench to get hold of down there.  So, these
>carbs do not adjust. (easily)"

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.