sand blasting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: sand blasting
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 10:18:13 -0800
Listers just my 2 pennies worth on blasting. Unless you adjust your air
pressure to high (above 60lbs.) you can just forget about hurting a frame
with regular sand. The frame is so hard sand will have no effect on it at
all unless you hold the gun very close to it and do not move the gun, in
plain words trying to destroy the frame. If you want to destroy the frame
just take the air pressure over 100lbs. and hold the gun in one place,
then you can destroy it. Glass beads are not hard enough to do a frame
properly, you need sand at the correct air pressure, and yes sift it and
keep using it over and over again, like Justin Wagner said put down some
large tarps and get the job done.I have only done about 10 frame-ups in
the last 20 years using SAND.