Right turn / roundabouts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Right turn / roundabouts
From: TJYD20A@prodigy.com (MR THOMAS JONES)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 10:14:01, -0500
The discussion of the wisdom and origin of the right turn on red
rule
has been interesting.  I was also glad to see confirmation that the
left turn to one way, from one way, was legal, as I recalled that
Michigan's
law allowed it, but I didn't know about other states' regs.

An even better way to save fuel and allow traffic to flow at a rate
appropriate to volume is the roundabout.  These are common in many
European countries, but rare in the U.S.   I can think of only two,
one as you
 enter Cape CodMassachusetts and one in Syracuse New York adjacent
 I-90 at Thompson Road.   They should be encouraged in new
construction.