RR Leafs for TR4A

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RR Leafs for TR4A
From: "Dave Rupert"<Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 97 10:56:49 -0500
     Hey list,

     I finally got an answer on my leaf spring problem for my rigid axle
     TR4A.  Three years ago when I installed them, three people had to
     stand on the bare frame in order for me to get the axle bolted up.
     This forces the axle hard against the frame rails, and there's no way
     that the shock links will ever connect to the aluminum spacers.  I had
     so much else going on with the body-off resto that I didn't deal with
     it at the time.

     I finally couldn't put it off any longer, so I started calling and
     found out from Dave Hagenbush (sp?) at TRF that the repro springs were
     made incorrectly.  Like an idiot, I lost that particular invoice, so
     am unable to return them.  However, Dave was nice enough to give me a
     20% discount on the purchase of replacements, even after three years.
     Problem is they aren't in stock.  (You knew that was coming, didn't
     you?)

     So, I'm desperately searching for rear leaf springs for a rigid axle
     TR4A.  New, used, rusty, whatever. If anybody knows of a source (in
     stock!) please let me know, either by phone or E-mail.  I'm not always
     on the list, so please respond directly.

     Thanks muchly,

     Dave Rupert
     1967 TR4A  (with REALLY stiff springs!)
     1980 TR7