Fuzzy and Rubber Seals for a Surrey Top

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuzzy and Rubber Seals for a Surrey Top
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:28:17 -0600
OK, so having evaluated the rubber on my new Surrey, I've come
to the conclusion that it needs to be replaced, along with the
fuzzy bits.  I'm assuming that since it's the same sort of
seal as used to be on my TR-4 windscreen edge that the
original style is no longer available (fuzzy U-shaped bit
separate from rubber bit that rides in the slightly non-square
channel.)  I've played a bit with the combo stuff and it
doesn't seem like it will work anywhere near as well.  Any
Surrey owners have any experience with this?  Also, I need to
replace the rubber gasket on the rear window, but the Big 3
aren't currently in stock.  It looks like the same stuff
that's on my windshield, can you buy it by the foot somewhere
(J.C. Whitney maybe?) and bond it into a loop the right size?
And how do you figure the right size?
                                                        -MM