Re: TR-6 engine rebuild

To: erik.quackenbush@scala.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-6 engine rebuild
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:09:32 -0800
Erik,

No worries on using the earlier block.  I had to go through something
similar on my car when I had to research compatability issues.  (I used
early block with later head)  Your PI head will mate to it just fine, but
use the early head gasket.

Check the length of your push rods.  The early PI used a different length
than later PI's and all carb engines.  Might be cause of both rockers
failing (how weird).

Dave
San Diego
1970 TR6 PI RHD CP51649