Re: Tranny/engine removal

To: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Subject: Re: Tranny/engine removal
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 18:49:14 -0800
Susan:

I don't know what sort of Triumph was originally being discussed... If I
was pulling the motor out of my TR 4A... I would pull the trans out
(through the interior) first... It's simply not that hard an
operation... and I it's hard enough lowering that motor into place
without having to worry about getting onto the pilot shaft correctly...

A spitfire motor, on the other hand... is light... and when the bonnet
is open... you have full access to it...  (unlike the confined TR 4s
through 6's..)

I'm not sure if other TR 4 through 6 owners would agree with me on
this... but I just wanted to clarify... as I had responded earlier that
the mechanic was being fair... but I assumed the car was like mine.

Justin