Spit. front wing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit. front wing
From: "Jonathan Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:00:19
Can anyone help?

I'm currently replacing the front wings on my '77 spitfire 1500 with
new British Motor Heritage (Rover) parts. I've got to the stage where
I've removed the old wing leaving the reinforcing piece at the rear
edge behind. The new wing that I'm putting on has a flange on the
rear edge (the edge which runs parallel to the bonnet securing
catches). This flange is similar to that on a door skin which you
then fold over. My question is: do you fold over the flange on the
rear edge of the wing and weld it to the reinforcing section, or is
the flange just left as it is? On the old wings the flange was folded
over, but they were non-original parts.

TIA,

Jonathan

'77 Spitfire 1500