Trickle chargers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trickle chargers
From: Brian Harper <brian@ati.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 23:08:42 -0800
        I have two motorcycles that I don't ride too much during the winter and
keep them on a trickle charger on alternate weeks. To keep them from over
charging I have an outlet that is on the garage lightswitch. The charger
only runs when the garage light is on. This is enough that they'll stay
charged, but not enough that there's a danger of overcharging. The battery
on the Ducati is almost six years old - that's a long time for a bike
battery, and I think that this has helped.

Brian Harper
1978 Spitfire
1974 Ducati 750GT
1980 Moto Guzzi CX100