Re: Trickle chargers

To: Brian Harper <brian@ati.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Trickle chargers
From: "Atwell (Buff) Haines" <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 09:29:20
At 11:08 PM 11/5/97 -0800, Brian Harper wrote:
>       I have two motorcycles that I don't ride too much during the winter and
>keep them on a trickle charger on alternate weeks. To keep them from over
>charging I have an outlet that is on the garage lightswitch. The charger
>only runs when the garage light is on. This is enough that they'll stay
>charged, but not enough that there's a danger of overcharging. The battery
>on the Ducati is almost six years old - that's a long time for a bike
>battery, and I think that this has helped.
>
>Brian Harper
>1978 Spitfire
>1974 Ducati 750GT
>1980 Moto Guzzi CX100

If you have an automatic garage door opener, hook up the power to the
charger via the light in the opener.   That way the charger works when the
opener light is powered (about 2 - 4 minutes each time the door is opened).

Atwell (Buff) Haines
'79 Spitfire FM 96062

Succasunna, NJ USA
CarBuff@scooter.net