Re: heater

To: KGeromini@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: heater
From: Jim Harroun <jharroun@San-Jose.ate.slb.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 07:39:32 -0800
At 09:14 PM 11/5/97 -0500, KGeromini@aol.com wrote:
>I am trying to determine why my heater on my TR3b doesn"t work.  The fan
>motor does not work and I wonder if anyone can lead me in the right direction
>before I disassemble the whole system.   The cooling system is connected
>correctly, but upon turning the dash heat knob clockwise, no action occurs.
> I suspect a wiring or frozen fan motor.  Any suggestions?

Hi,

I would suggest you start with the knob on the dash.  It is a wire-wound pot,
and they can get useless with old age.  Try bypassing it.  If that doesn't
work, my next suggestion would be to "hot-wire" the fan motor to verify that
it is working.  If the motor works, you know the problem is in the wiring
or the controls.  Good luck,

Jim Harroun
Another TR-3B project.